The Prussian T3 is a three-axle tender locomotive from the Prussian State Railways (KPEV). The first engines were delivered by Henschel in 1882. The T3 had to replace the T2 tender locomotives on the local lines. The T3 turned out to be a robust and all-round locomotive that required minimal maintenance. Because the T3 was good, the Prussian State Railways purchased 1345 engines in the period 1881 to 1910. This led to a nationwide spread of this beloved tender locomotive. In 1925 the Deutsche Reichsbahn took over 511 Prussian T3. The locomotives were given the class numbers 89 7001-7511. The last Prussian T3 was retired on 21 June 1968.